Pages

Friday, December 4, 2020

Design Technology Challenge / Christmas Decorations

LI: To design and make a holiday decoration that fits the client brief.


For this term, The LS2 students designed and created Holiday Decorations using Hand Sewing . We created a DLO(Brainstorm) and a (Mood Board) with the information that can help us understand what we are going to make. Brainstorming the information helped us learn more about How,Why,What,Shape and Who. The Materials and equipment we used were Threads,felt,Cotton,String,Buttons,googly eyes and Paper. We needed to make sure that our decorations were 10cm big, so we started off by getting a ruler and measuring the length and the width. For my first decoration I decided to create a Dolphin. We used paper and a drawing pencil to help us create our first design. But firstly I needed to learn the type of sewing we’re doing. We learned three different types of hand sewing which is Blanket Stitch,Outline Stitch and a Running Stitch by learning how to use the different types of stitching we practised onto a 10cm square(made out of felt). After practising more and more we decided to create our decoration by creating our decoration we planned about. I really enjoyed working with others and working together to create the design. After completing my first design I decided to create a another one which was a Santa's Stocking I think I’ve improved a lot in my stitching.


 LI: To decorate the office tree.

After completing all our sewing , We deiced to go to the Panmure Bridge School office and  deiced to decorate the  Christmas tree.  We decorated the Christmas by putting our Hand Sewing decorations onto the tree. I really liked putting my sewing onto the decorations. I put my name on my decoration so visitors or guest knows I created that.







No comments:

Post a Comment