Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Zoo Trip

Today LS1 and panmure bridge school went to see the Auckland Zoo. Here a all the animals that we saw.

Several Cat's
Several Cats a Cats that really like jumping. I learned that that Several cat jump 3 meters. They also come from South Africa. Behavioural enrichment -pole. Our Zoo keeper told us there is a pole because they put the food on top and the Several cat has to try and jump to grab the food.

Cheetah
Cheetah had Behavioural enrichment Tree. I learned that cheetah was the fasted land animal.I also learned that cheetah run 100 long. When 100 long is finished they get tried. Our Zoo keeper also gave us and showed us a cheetah skin from the airport.They told us that this skin is a real skin.People has been killing cheetah.

Elephants.
There were two girl's elephants.One was called Burma and Burma was from Burma. The last one was Anjalee and she is from Sri Laka .I learned that Burma and Anjalee are Asia Elephants. I also learned that elephant poo could be made into paper.They show us the book that was made out of elephant poo.
Anjalee like to paint our zoo keeper showed us a photo of her painting.

Flamingos
Flamigos is eat insets in the water. I learned that Flamingos sleep on one leg because it really coftable for them and when someone coming they could just stand up but when they lay down they will have to get up.

Rhino
Rhino has horn's. I learned that horns are made out of Keratin witch is the same as fingers nails and hair.

Kiwi
Kiwi's when I went inside I was scared because it was really dark. I asked why those it have to be dark.They told us  because in the day time they sleep.But in the night they aways keep awake so we want them to be awake so you guys and see them.

I was really happy that I could see animals I have not seen before and new facts I never learned before.



Here is a photo of a kiwi


This is a real elephant Tusk.











No comments:

Post a Comment