Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

Tatau

 LI: To create a DLO that tells others about tatau.

                                                                            

Tattooing has played an important part in many cultures over time. Our challenge was to use our smart searching skills to find out about traditional tattooing in our own culture. I really enjoyed doing this task as I get to learn a lot more about my Culture. I also really liked working with my partner as we shared our ideas and worked collaborative. The most interesting fact I learnt was some people do tatting to represent their culture. My partner and I used our searching skills to find facts and information about tattooing and what it means to our culture. I found this task hard because I didnt really understand anything about tongan tattooing after asking my mum and dad for some ideas to understand about tongan tatting.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Liletina

    I was so pleased to see that you and Aisea were collaborating online today. I enjoyed reading your information about tattooing in your culture, and have found from reading other blog posts today that the Tongan word for tattoo is tatatau. Great to see you added a definition of what a tattoo is as doing this always helps the people reading your work make a stronger connection. Well done for keeping your learning going.
    Mrs Anderson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs Anderson ,

      Im glad that you enjoyed reading my blog-post, Its also great to see you have learned some new information and facts about tattooing and how it has played an Important role to my culture.

      Do you think tattooing has played an important role to you?

      Thanks Liletina

      Delete
  2. Hi Liletina
    Your DLO about tattooing was very interesting. I did not know that the Tongan word for tattoo it tatatau and I also found it interesting to learn that tattoos are used to acknowledge and show different cultures. I like that you were able to find more knowledge from your Mum and Dad to help with this task. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs Linda ,

      Glad to see you enjoyed and what you liked about my blog-post, It also great to see you learned some new facts about tattooing and how it has played an important role to our cultures.

      Thanks Liletina

      Delete